Friday, November 7, 2008

Welcome to Larchmont Mom!

That's me, Larchmont Mom. I moved from the big city to the vast Westchester suburban wasteland this past September. We're all still adjusting. We is: me, my husband, and our two daughters, one is almost five (we'll call her Biggie) and the little one is just-turned three (we'll call her Smalls). If Malia and Sasha are getting a puppy to soften the blow of moving to the White House, then by all means my kids should have gotten a parting gift for leaving NYC, but alas, nothing as great as a family pet was offered. For them, the suburbs offered their own rooms (my husband thought the little one would resist this switch, but she surprised us all with her first words upon seeing her room being to tell her sister "get out!") and scooters (I had always demurred in the city there was no room for them, but here there is ample storage).
So now I'm just another suburban mom, busy yet bored.
And I'm looking to stir up a little trouble, even if it only gets to be of the virtual variety.

No comments: