Saturday, November 15, 2008

Larchmont's first cut-off

One of the reasons I was okay with leaving my Upper West Side neighborhood was because there was no longer a bodega, dry cleaner or grocery store I was willing to patronize within a five block radius.

Larchmont was a clean slate, of restaurants to dine in, stores to shop in, and dry cleaners for my clothes to be dry cleaned in.

Until now.

Today, I cut-off my first place - and it is a bold move. I am no longer shopping at Trader Joe's. That's right, Trader Joe's. Unlike cutting off a smaller speciality shop, this will have major implications in my daily life, so I'm not sure if this is a permanent cut-off or just a temporary one until I forgive them.

3 comments:

l.e.s.ter said...

Didn't you already cut off one of the liquor stores? Weeks ago?

skramly said...

I was going to make the same comment. Coincidence?

LarchmontMom said...

ohmigod, you are so right! i completely forgot about that wine store that is totally cut-off! how could i forget my first cut? a full post to be coming soon...